Tuesday 15 November 2016

What is Reality?



My approach to understanding reality is to observe and read and then try to sort out fact from fantasy, verity from vagary. In doing so, I hold to some axioms. Anything contrary to them are to me obviously not true. Then I put all these pieces of the puzzle together in a way that seems to me to make the most coherent picture.

The problem is that I am missing most of the pieces. And the logical question is Are the pieces I do have random selections from throughout the picture? or Are they pieces that are properly adjacent to each other in the completed work? If the first, then it’s hopeless to think that I know anything. If the second, then there is a good chance that I have part of the picture correct and that I can extrapolate some other parts, realizing that the further the missing part of the picture is from the part I have constructed, the less likely my extrapolation is valid.

Not that THAT is out of the way (whew!), I’ll say that my own estimate of reality is that we are holographic characters in a holographic universe. This implies programming by a REAL (i.e.: non-holographic) character. When he designed all the various levels of the program, how much randomness did he program into them? I suspect that he had a purpose in designing and creating the program, and it makes most sense to me that a purpose implies preplanned details and outcomes, or at least preplanned outcomes derived from continuing intervention (fine tuning) of the holographic events. Probably the latter. My best guess of what he is accomplishing is the preparation of us holographic characters to be translated into his reality in what is our future (I’m not convinced that he has a “future”). 

See also


4 comments :

  1. Interesting concept. I'd like to hear your take on whether or not you suppose this model of reality would likely support an afterlife. And if you suppose it does, would morality have any influence on where you go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our transformation into Real People IS the beginning of the afterlife.

    Morality does not influence where you go in my opinion, and i could explain why if asked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You often quote the bible in this blog, yet you hold this very specific and personal view of reality. How do you merge the two? Do you see the bible as an interpretation of the words of the REAL non-holographic character (God), or is it something removed? Or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see the Bible as a sort of operations manual for human life. I see it as all inspired by God, but I think that there are different levels of inspiration. I see the Old Testament as basically tantamount to word by word dictation from God, while the New Testament seems more along the lines of inspired thoughts framed into words chosen by the writers.

      Delete