Wednesday 11 April 2018

Corner Gas - Animated

I watched a couple of episodes of Corner Gas - Animated last night. I've long been a fan of the original series. ...a great sitcom that emphasizes both the sit and the com. My favorite all-time comedy series has got to be Frasier. The consistency of wit is unrivaled, and the frequent Neil Simon type dilemmas are masterfully devised. Corner Gas has none of that. Nor does it have the hilarious farce of something like Malcolm in the Middle. No, Corner Gas is simple, but it's funny and it's believable. I like it.

 The animated version looks like it may be even better. There are some scenes that can be animated that are hard to stage in real life. One of them I saw last night was like something out of Mad Max. Couldn't do that in the videotaped Corner Gas. ....at least not on that budget.

I have high hopes for Brent Butt's latest effort and am glad to make its acquaintance.

No comments :

Post a Comment