Wednesday 10 October 2018

The Joy of Creating Options


We tend to think of opposites that aren’t really always so. For example, we see hatred as the opposite of love. It might be more accurate to say that the opposite of love is fear, but since we tend to hate what we fear, we position hatred as love’s opposite. “Perfect love casts out fear”, and removing fear can remove hate, which is something that happens through understanding. “We fear what we don’t understand.” “The more I understand, the more I love, for everything understood is good.” 

Likewise, we think poverty is the opposite of wealth. Poverty isn’t so much about the lack of resources as it is about the lack of options it seems to me. The person without options is impoverished of spirit. Being without options can make a person feel trapped and hopeless. 

One of the joys of my life has been to help people see options. What a pleasure to see a hopeless person beginning to see a way out! To help people see possibilities is a process I recommend. Hopelessness morphed into hopefulness produces a positive energy, and I like being part of that event.

No comments :

Post a Comment