Thursday 18 October 2018

MIddle East Needs the Messiah of Israel


I was just reading an article about peace efforts in Israel. It is almost amazing that we still have people who don’t live in Israel thinking they can bring peace to the Middle East. It seems like every U.S. president postures as a peacemaker. I think it’s to Trump’s credit that he hasn’t acted like some kind of savior.

Israel runs an apartheid society. Palestinians need a work permit to get into certain industrial zones for work. This is similar to the old days in South Africa. I’m not congratulating nor lamenting….just observing. I find the situation confusing and problematic.  I think I understand the desire to keep separation between peoples of different cultures. Living with your own kind is less stressful and probably more predictable. I suspect most people are happier in such a circumstance UNLESS being that way means being oppressed.  And that is what always seems to happen in these situations. It is a function of divergent economic and political power. And I get that it is hard to avoid variance in power among peoples of different talents, resources and beliefs. I am not a preacher of equal outcomes. That would be absurd, as are those who preach that impractical and foolish dogma.

Yet, I don’t know the solution for the Middle East, and neither does any meddling outside human peacemaker. But I know that the long awaited Messiah can and will bring it, except they’ll reject him just as they did the first time.

No comments :

Post a Comment