Sunday 27 August 2017

Being Quick to Judge



Someone texted me a Trump tweet: "We are in the NAFTA (worst trade deal ever made) renegotiation process with Mexico & Canada. Both being very difficult, may have to terminate?"  Then the sender asked me “What kind of man is both president AND capable of writing such a thing?” One that has no pride in his nation’s word” is what I thought. “One who doesn’t think a promise needs to be honored.”  BUT then I read Article 2205 of the agreement: “A Party may withdraw from this Agreement six months after it provides written notice of withdrawal to the other Parties. If a Party withdraws, the Agreement shall remain in force for the remaining Parties.

It shows how quickly we (or at least I) can pass an unfair judgment.  Good lesson for me.

By the way, do you think that a tweet counts as written notice? 

No comments :

Post a Comment