Tuesday 21 March 2017

Travel Ban, or War Plan?



I don’t know if Americans get that many of us outside of the USA view the United States government as the greatest threat to world peace today. Americans are typically friendly folk. Individually, I like Americans. Yeah, they are sometimes unaware of the wider world, or even their own at times, but they are typically friendly and helpful. Well, there are some places in the northeast on account of which one could be forgiven for thinking I must have fallen onto my head before I made that statement. But I find that even in those places, they are normally friendly when I act as though I expect them to be.

My beef is with the war mentality of successive administrations. Trump has not broken the trend. Several weeks ago, he approved a raid in Yemen, in which more than a dozen civilians were killed, including the 8 year old daughter of an American citizen that had been deliberately killed by an American drone. Execution without trial.

Look, I get that Hillary probably would have led the country into World War III instead of just leaning that way. I mean, she supported almost every war fought by the USA in the past 25 years. A full quarter century of war mongering.  Good practice at being president. Her attitude was typified by her comments regarding Gaddafi after he was tortured and executed: “We came; we saw; he died.”

Trump has issued his travel ban. He doesn’t want people coming from Libya, Sudan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Yemen or Somalia. Other countries have terrorists. Interesting that in 2007 General Wesley Clark stated he had seen a memo attesting to war plans against these same seven countries. The travel ban may be part of an overall war plan. Maybe we’ll see the USA provoking these countries soon to create conditions to “justify” going to war.

No comments :

Post a Comment