Thursday 29 August 2019

Gay Gene?


On my CBC news app, I saw an article this evening about a large study that failed to find a “gay gene”, but when I wanted to find the article at the CBC website and used Google to do so, the Google link is:

Google’s description of the CBC article, that plainly states that the study failed to find a gene that predisposes a person to being gay, starts with “The largest study of its kind found new evidence that genes contribute to same-sex sexual behaviour…” as though Google is determined to verify the antiquated opinion that people inherit homosexuality.
I’m not a biologist, but I know how to read, and I think we will eventually find that Yes, people are born with a predisposition to being gay, but that the trait is triggered into behavior by social influences and experiences. Someone without that predisposition, but with the same external influences, will not be gay. Further, I think we will find out, and in fact, I think we already have found out from studies involving identical twins, that predisposition is not genetic but is related to the hormonal environment of the womb.

No comments :

Post a Comment